Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), although a relatively newly defined syndrome by the Centre for Disease Control in 1988, has actually been around for hundreds of years.
- Viral origin:
- Epstein Barr virus
- Herpes simplex virus
- Cytogmgalo virus
- Entero virus
- Retro virus
- Candida (yeast like fungi)
- Food allergies and intolerances
Chronic fatigue can also be caused by a variety of physical and psychological factors other than CFS. It is important to establish a differential diagnosis in order for a treatment rationale to be implemented.
Signs and symptoms
- Occurs mainly in adults aged from 20 to 40 years and twice as many women as men develop CFS.
- Excessive and debilitating fatigue with low grade fever
- Swollen and tender lymph nodes and recurrent sore throat.
- Joint and muscle pain which may be migratory in nature.
- Depression and anxiety about one’s state of health
Treatment via natural medicine
We will establish the cause of your CFS. A personal treatment regime involving diet, cleansing, life change, nutritional supplements and botanical medicines will be administered accordingly.