Urinary incontinence is defined as the loss of voluntary bladder control and results in urine “leakage”. This is most embarrassing particularly for women and it seems to occur more often when one is laughing, coughing, lifting heavy objects, sneezing, vigorous exercise, or even just running to catch a bus.
Possible Predisposing Causes of Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder Sphincter Muscle Weakness.
- Side effects of prescription medicines such as hypnotics, antipsychotics, Calcium channel blockers and antihistamines to name a few
- Urinary tract infections
- Nerve damage due to stroke, multiple sclerosis, parkinson’s disease, or spinal cord injury
- Dementia including Alzheimers disease
- Previous hysterectomy, urethral surgery, or pelvic organ prolapse
- Having been pregnant multiple times
Urinary incontinence may be only temporary or it may become chronic in nature. This is particularly the case if there is permanent nerve damage.
Sometimes a relatively “healthy person” loses bladder control following a strong urge to urinate and is simply unable to make it to the bathroom in time. This kind of incontinence is supposedly due to an “overactive bladder”. In reality it is more likely to be due to poor bladder sphincter muscle control and or weakness.
Natural Treatment For Urinary Incontinence For Men And Women
Mother Natures Pharmacy which is located in Adelaide’s busy Rundle Mall will be able to help with most cases of urinary incontinence and treatment.
The modalities that we engage in or advise and show how to do are the following:
- Bladder training
- Kegel exercises
- Nutrition advice and supplements
- Herbal medicines
- Homeopathic medicine
The above treatments do work rather well and more importantly there are no dangerous side effects because we are using Natural Medicine in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence. The trade off however is that they may take just a little longer to produce results but we urge you to stick with the program
because once results come they are there to stay.